Thursday, June 4, 2009

Volleyball and Hotdogs with the English Exchange!

On Sunday evening we had the privilege of reconnecting with old friends--and meeting new ones--at a get-together held by the English Exchange.  The turn-out was fantastic!


 
Our friend Gleb on the recorder and Elial on the guitar.


Sadly I only got about 12 seconds of their fun performance:





But I did get more pictures!


 
Elial is from Chile, and works with the CMA here in Moscow.


 
Gleb has one of the most incredible voices I've ever heard on this planet.  He takes requests!


  
Our friend Nick preparing his bun for hotdogs.


  
Beth and our friend Andrew.


 
Sonnet Barr, of the English Exchange (on the left) with friends.


 


  
Beth and our very good friend Misha!


 
Our friend (a coworker of Beth's at World Relief, now teaching here in Moscow) Mary Louise


  
The volleyball game commenced!




  


 


 
Others stuck around singing Beatles tunes.


 


  
As for me, I answered questions burning on every youngster's mind here in Russia.  Like if I had ever met Arnold Schwarzenegger, or which Coke tasted better, American or Russian.


 
"No, I'm sorry, I've never met Britney Spears either."


No comments:

Post a Comment